2.20.2010

Praying for poop!!

So, it's official, B has given his notice at his "paying job."  Officially.  For good.  Like we're talking in about 4 weeks he will no longer be getting a paycheck.  I know that for the past year and a half I've already been the preacher's wife.  But now it really feels official!   I've been hearing God so clear and loud this past week since we decided to take this step, that it's almost frightening!  I think that God has always been speaking the same thing to me, I've just decided to put my pride down and listen. God is so AMAZING!!  He has given B and I an eerie sense of calmness in this adventure.  We are stepping out, and are standing firm in the belief that God is going to step in front of the battles we have to fight.   Whatever those may be.  I think that B has a sense of relief that he has a light at the end of the tunnel for working two jobs.  I know he is just exhausted, and is looking forward to that as well.  Also just excited to see what God has in store for us - and for our church.  I know He has amazing things planned - I just can't wait to see what they are.  We have an awsome group of church members, who are very supportive. 

This week we received the sweetest note from one of the ladies in our church.  She is an awe-inspiring woman of faith, who I'd be honored at any time to follow into the Kingdom of God with.  Her words were very inspiring and uplifting to both B and I - especially as we have started our journey.

On another note, out littlest one, Jack has not been "feeling" so good lately.  I know this may be way too much information, but he's not pooping.  I'm not talking like going a couple of days.  I'm talking like it's been 10 days, and almost a full month before that!!  Ouch!!  My stomach just hurts thinking about it.  We've been to the pediatrician, and we've had x-rays.  Essentially all negative as of now.  The next step:  he sees the Gastroenterologist (GI) doc on Monday.  I'm anxiously awaiting that appointment to see what they have to say the problem is.

People, let's just say that I'm prayin' for poop!!  I know it's such an odd little prayer....but hey, it's my prayer.  I just can't stand seeing my little 4 1/2 month old hurting and struggling.  As a mom, I just wish I could fix it - but essentially right now I can't.  So I am praying.  Praying for poop.  Praying for our mighty God to step in and heal whatever is going on in his little tummy.  Won't you join me in this prayer?  I'll keep you posted on what the doctors say this coming week.  I need my mighty prayer warriors to step in on Jack's behalf!!

Have a blessed weekend!!   post signature

No comments: