11.28.2009

Remembering to be thankful...


What a Thanksgiving!!  We had great food, the company of family....I am truly blessed!!  We had all the usually suspects for dinner:  turkey, corn cassarole (my FAVORITE!!), mashed potatos, sweet potatos, stuffing, gravy (NOT my favorite), the memory of cranberry salad (thanks, Dad, for dropping it in your car), and about a kazillion homemade pies!!  Needless to say, our bounty was full, full, full.  Not to mention delicious.  It took an entire day to recover from dinner!!  So needless to say, we didn't do all of the Black Friday shopping.  As much of a sucker I am for a great deal, I just can't get out and muster up the energy to push through the crowds of people.  So...I think it is worth paying the little bit extra just to save my sanity!!

Yesterday, we put up the Christmas tree.  It was such a joy to watch Samuel get so excited about the tree, and all the decorations.  I loved hearing him..."Mama, it's beeeaaauuutiful!"  Wait a minute.....click.....I just had to take a memory photo.  His little face was lit up with a smile from ear to ear.  It's just AMAZING when I think of what all God has blessed Brandon and I with.  I mean, we have been given the opportunity to raise and love on two amazing little boys.  Samuel and his little two-year old mind, and Jack, our 7 week old who is just precious.  What an amazing responsibility God has charged us with....to raise these boys in a way that Christ is their foundation.  WOW!!  But I am loving every minute of it.  I know that He will provide me with the knowledge and strength that I need to muster through it, and the sense to sit back, relax, and take it in when I need to.

On another note, I just came across a jewelry designer that I absolutely ADORE.  I think that her pieces are just beautiful.  I'm thinking I may have to wish real hard for one of these for Christmas this year...and may even have to pass a few hints along to B.


Her name is Natha and her stuff is great!!













Ya'll have a great weekend!!!  And remember everything that you have to be thankful for!!

post signature

No comments: